Below is a poem, Cascade Experiment, by Alice Fulton. I first encountered it in ' Meeting the Universe Halfway ' by Karen Barad. When I see you either at the next session or the one after I will speak about it a little bit, but for now please use this as an opportunity to leave a comment and to begin engaging with the posts on the blog. You are also welcome to respond to others' comments. Let us know anything about the poem that you like - what does it make you feel? - which lines resonate? - does it relate to any of the things we discussed in our first seminar? - how could it relate to thinking science AND society? Cascade Experiment Because faith creates its verification and reaching you will be no harder than believing in a planet’s caul of plasma, or interacting with a comet in its perihelion passage, no harder than considering what sparking of the vacuum, cosmological impromptu flung me here, a paraphrase, perhaps, for some denser, more difficult being, a ...
Comments
Post a Comment